Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Birthday Bust

I turned 31 last Saturday.  It was pretty much a bust since Baby C was still running a fever and was extremely unhappy.  I thought I was going to pull my hair out before it even had the chance to fall out.  Unfortunately, we had to cancel our dinner plans with friends.  Steve did, however, whip up a really yummy dinner for us at home, and our friends Jeff & Emily came over from next door.  I even got to blow out candles as they sang "Happy Birthday".

I am not looking forward to the long journey ahead in my 31st year.  It's going to be a difficult and hard year, and I will be extremely happy to turn 32 and say goodbye to 2012.  But, I do have LOTS to look forward to (not necessarily in this order):

  • Finishing treatment (definitely #1 in terms of importance to me)
  • The birth of Baby Girl Overcash
  • My girl Christel's wedding and all the festivities that go along with being in her wedding
  • Charlotte's 1st birthday
  • My dad's 70th birthday
  • Our 3rd wedding anniversary
  • Family vacation in OBX
  • My 1st Mother's Day (Steve says last year did not count even though I was pregnant)
  • Boating with the Runds
  • Watching Baby C grow and all the fun things she will be doing this year 
I am sure I am forgetting some and all the other yet-to-be planned events. 

No comments:

Post a Comment