Monday, April 9, 2012

4 Days Post Chemo

Chemo is horrible.  I would not wish this on my worst enemy.  I am still feeling pretty crappy 4 days out.  My appetite seems to be regaining strength, although slowly.  I am drinking lots and lots of water.  Up until Sunday afternoon I had a horrible headache.  At first, I thought it was a side effect of the anti-nausea meds, but it turns out to be one of the many side effects from the chemo.  The headache is much better today, but is still lingering.  The nausea is being suppressed with the meds, but I still run to the bathroom a couple times in the mornings.  I am very tired and don't have tons of energy, but taking naps help.  I normally have too much energy.  Now it's the complete opposite.  If you know me, then you know I hate to nap, and it has never been my thing.  I think for the next couple months napping will be my new friend.

Our Easter weekend was a bust.  Steve and C were also down for the count.  Steve threw his back out on Saturday, and C ran a fever Sat-Sun.  Poor Charlotte missed her first Easter since we had to stay home and didn't get to go to Grandmom and Papa's for dinner and the Easter egg hunt.  


No comments:

Post a Comment