Friday, June 22, 2012

Holding Steady


My counts have not changed from Wed and are holding steady at 80.  Unfortunately, they are not moving up, and I was, again, unable to receive chemo this week.  I am, however, feeling better so that's good news.  The nurses and my doctor both said a drop this drastic is very uncommon, and the nurse said she had never seen such a drastic drop.  It's even more uncommon not to see a rise in counts after 2 weeks without treatment.  They are a little stumped at why my bone marrow is not rebounding as it should.  They will recheck next Friday, and if its still not in a good place, we may start doing the shots again to give me a boost.  Although I hate the shot, and they make me feel like I have been hit by a truck, it's better than not being able to fight an infection.

Today is SHIT - Sure Happy It's Thursday.  (If you know me well, then you are probably very familiar with this saying).  It's also what I like to call Champagne Thursday, and although we have gotten out of the habit of regularly celebrating this day, it's one of my favorite things.  My girl Christel sent me this picture, and I just had to put it on here in honor of the day and the pink.  Cheers!!!!!  Have a wonderful weekend.   





No comments:

Post a Comment