- Phase III - Randomized Trial of Metformin vs Placebo on Recurrence and Survival of Early Stage Breast Cancer - I stopped this study in April 2013 after I continued to lose weight and was unable to maintain a normal level. I will no longer be participating in this study.
- Common side effects (likely)
- Abdominal bloating
- Loss of appetite
- Less likely
- Loss of taste or metallic tastes
- Minorweight loss
- Reduced appetite
- Rash, redness, or itchiness
- Decrease of B12
- Inflammation of the liver
2. Breast Cancer Program Hormone Therapy Longitudinal Database
This study is being done to learn more about the side effects of breast cancer hormone therapy and if a person's genetic information may help to develop a way to predict the side effects a patient may have and how best to treat them. It will also help the researchers to look at how the side effects of hormone therapy influences a participants willingness to continue hormonal treatments.
I will be filling out questionnaires periodically that will ask spesific questions about how I am feeling, if I am taking the medication regularly, and any changes to my medication list. I completed a base line and will fill out one at 3, 6 and 12 months. This is all computerized, so I will be able to see what has changed and it will highlight things that are out of range. My oncologist and myself will have access to the results, and they can be used to facilitate conversation about any issues I am having.