Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Date is Set

The date for my bilateral mastectomy has been scheduled.  10/1 is the big day and will start bright and early.  I have lots to get done before I am down and out for a few weeks.  We are still working out the details of caring for me and Charlotte while I am re-cooperating.  We will most likely be spending a lot of time at my parents the weeks following surgery.  I will not be able to pick Char up for awhile.


Friday will be my last and final chemo treatment.  I am definitely excited and looking forward to some increase in my energy levels.  I will miss all my nurses and seeing their smiling faces every Friday, but I will be so happy to be done.  We actually took Charlotte to chemo last week, and she was such a hit with everyone.  She was such a bright light smiling at everyone.

I am still pretty much side effect free from my Taxol treatments.  The only lingering one is fatigue.  I have been very fortunate that I am not dealing with the common ones most people experience.  


No comments:

Post a Comment