Sunday, February 26, 2012

About Me

Hello, my name is Erin.  I am a 30 year old wife and mother who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  I am married to a wonderful man named Steve.  We have a beautiful 4 ½ month old baby girl named Charlotte.  Charlotte Adamarie was born in October of 2011.  She was given the middle name Adamarie after our dear friend Adam, who passed away in 2010.  Becoming parents has changed our lives completely, but we have loved every minute.  It has been such a fun time watching Charlotte grow and change in the last few months.  Charlotte is truly a blessing, and we are so thankful she is a part of our lives.  She brings a smile to my face whenever she is around.    

I have a wonderful, crazy, huge family that includes 2 brothers, 3 sisters, 2 sister-in-laws, 3 brother-in-laws, 7 nephews, and 8 nieces.  Oh, and my mom and dad, who created this mad house.  Holidays are so much fun with this big family.  I also have a great in-law family that I inherited from Steve which includes a sister, 2 brothers, 1 step sister and 4 parents.     
I work for a great company located in downtown Baltimore where I have worked for 5 ½ years. 

Steve and I work very hard, and we reward ourselves by playing hard.  We love taking vacations, playing on our jet ski, and boating with friends.  We love hanging out with friends and enjoying our weekends. 
My most recent hobby has been decorating cakes for friends and family to enjoy.  I love starting a new project and coming up with a new cake idea.

The news of cancer came just as we were settling into a routine as new parents.  We were getting back to normal, or what our new normal would be.  I was settling in at work, and Charlotte had transitioned to day care wonderfully. 

We are now at a standstill in life as we wait to hear the results of the tumor, which will shape the next few months.    

No comments:

Post a Comment